Monday, May 11, 2009

I miss Australia

I miss my fabulous roommate, Jane.

I miss kangaroos and wombats.

I miss vegemite and avocado on toast.

I miss Tim Tam Slams.

I miss the Gold Coast.

I miss clubs being open til early in the morning.

I miss the heat and the beach.

I miss being tan.

I miss not having a car to worry about.

I miss the carefree, 'no worries' attitude.

I miss everything being a new experience.

I miss being cool by default because I was the one with the accent.

I miss traveling all over that country.

I miss seeing kangaroos while driving.

I miss snorkeling.

I miss hearing the kookaburras in the forest down the street from my house.

I miss having tax included in prices.

I miss searching for wombats at night on a 4x4 with flashlights.

I miss the nonexistence of pennies.

I miss Sydney, the harbor and nights on the yacht in Sydney Harbor.

I miss Neighbors, Australian Idol, Biggest Loser Australia, Big Brother Australia, Deal or No Deal.

I miss Australia Faire.

I miss missing home.

I miss everything being so cheap.

I miss feeling on top of the world.

I miss the Surfer's Night Markets.

I miss meeting so many new and interesting people.

I miss 'heart attack pizza.'

I miss Mr. Sushi and Salmon Chamonix.

I miss walking everywhere and taking the bus.

I miss Byron Bay and Cheeky Monkeys.

I miss driving on the opposite side of the road.

I miss the gorgeous parrots that would sit in the trees at my house.

I miss the intense thunderstorms.

I miss children with adorable accents.

I miss everything having a cool aussie slang term.

I miss Australia. Alot.


2 comments:

Andhari said...

AHHH i do get the tim tam slams, many of my friends here are from Sydney since it's just the south of Indo. They made me hooked on timtams too, and I always get them to bring me some max brenner when they're back in town lol

Ms. Salti said...

Australia is the #1 place on my list of places to visit outside the US!

Post a Comment