Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Going Veggie

Part of my New Years Resolution is to become a vegetarian. Actually more like a Pescatarian cause I don't think I could ever part with seafood.  Why I have decided to make such a drastic lifestyle change? Basically, I had a very traumatizing experience at a Hooters recently that I wrote about in my "Chicken Hands" blog entry which led to me researching PETA videos online. The rest is history.


I've never been much of a meat eater, but there will still be somethings I am going to miss:

Pepperoni Pizza & Calzones
Sausage
Carne Asada burritos
Chicken Potstickers
Cheeseburgers

I want to get this book for a bit of "motivation."


3 comments:

Danielle Moss said...

I have to tell you -- it has been 3 months exactly and I don't miss it. With morningstar farms veggie chicken fingers and corn dogs you get your fill of meat. Yes, I'd love some crispy chicken from my fave Chinese place, but honestly, it feels so much better NOT eating meat.

I don't eat any fish. At all. But last night I discovered the vegetable tempura roll :) Yum.

Jules said...

Good choice. (I found you through Danielle's blog.) I've been a vegetarian for quite some time now and it's very worth it. You stop wanting the meat after a while and as Danielle said, there are many alternatives to help along the way.

(I eat fish too. But I feel guilty about it.) If you want access to my blog, please email me. julesb33@yahoo.com

The Dutchess of Kickball said...

I've been a vegetarian for 14 years. I'll never go back, especially after reading a few Michael Pollan books and Fast Food Nation.

Post a Comment