Wednesday, December 08, 2010

I'm still here....promise. Just been crazy busy lately. Quite a lot has gone down actually....

Matt and I spent Thanksgiving up in Valencia with his family and had a really good time. (Photos here) I learned how to play poker, and I took all the winnings. No joke. Watch out Vegas.

Proof, in case you didn't believe me.

We will be heading up to The Bay for Christmas and I can't wait! I miss my family and friends and am absolutely ecstatic about spending the holiday with them.

Matt and I went down to the Hotel Del Coronado recently to partake in some holiday festivities. They have The Del all lit up in white holiday lights and during the holiday season they have an outdoor ice skating rink that overlooks the ocean. That's right, oceanside ice skating. This is why I love San Diego. The night we went they also had Santa there with his elves, an awesome fireworks show over the beach and THE BEST (complimentary) hot chocolate I have ever had in my entire life! I am serious-so thick and creamy...it couldn't have been good for me ;) More pics here.

Speaking of the holidays, Matt and I just competed in a bake-off for his work. One of my bffs made these SUPER CUTE cake pops for her son's birthday from Bakerella and I decided to give it my best shot. We made the reindeer cake pops and while it was fairly difficult, they were a HUGE hit and we only lost the cake-off by ONE VOTE and it was to an awesome hazelnut pavlova. (pics here of cake pops)

But probably one of the most interesting things that has most recently happened is work related. I've been working 30 hours a week at my HR firm. Someone just resigned (very sad about this) BUT that means that yours truly just got bumped up to full time and tons of extra responsibility. My boss and I are discussing all the details this Friday. I am SO EXCITED for this opportunity to prove what I am capable of and grow within the company. It's so funny how many things have finally fallen into place since I have moved to San Diego. I truly believe this was all meant to be.

Well, that about wraps it up. It's 3:30am and I can't sleep....my mind is too busy. Thank goodness for coffee :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment